Aquazinga is a two-pack, 100% water-based anti-corrosion system. It is based on inorganic zinc silicates and, with its high zinc content (92% in the dry film), it provides cathodic protection to ferrous metals. Aquazinga is highly resistant to abrasion and is designed to withstand corrosive environments and severe conditions, including high temperatures (up to 600 degrees C). As a stand-alone system, it can be used as an alternative to hot-dip galvanising and metallisation. It can also be used as a primer under high-heat paints. Typical uses for Aquazinga include ballast tanks, turbine exhausts and high-heat pipelines.
Aquazinga is available in 25kg tins and cures to a matt grey finish.
- Works in constant temperatures up to 600 degrees C.
- Is highly resistant to abrasion.
- Is highly resistant to steam and other hot gases.
- Is highly resistant to hydrocarbons.
- Offers high tolerance to thermal shock.
- Offers high tolerance to mechanical shock.
- Has a high level of conductivity.
- Has a Ph range of 5.5 to 12.5.
- Works in tandem with sacrificial anodes.
- Can be overcoated with a wide range of compatible sealers and topcoats.